Search Engine Optimization is the term used to describe a set of processes that aim in optimizing a website for search engines. SEO is important not only for getting high-quality visitors from search, but it’s also a way to improve the user-friendliness of your website and increase its credibility and top level on google.
SEO is the way to ‘speak’ to search engines in a language they can understand and give them with more information about your website. SEO has two major components, On Page & Off Page.
Off Page SEO
refers to techniques that can be used to improve the position of a web site in the search engine results page (SERPs). Many people associate off-page SEO with link building but it is not only that. In general, off Page has to do with promotion methods – beyond website design –for the purpose of ranking a website higher in the search results.
Off-page SEO refers to activities you can perform outside the boundaries of your website. The most important are:
- Link Building
- Social Media Marketing
- Social bookmarking Etc.
Off-Page SEO is Important
A successful off-site SEO strategy will generate the following benefits to website owners:-
- Increase in Google ranking- Website rank in higher in SERPs also more Traffic
- Increase in Page Rank- Page rank is a number between 0 and 10 which indicates the importance of a website in the eyes of google.
- More Exposure- Higher rankings also means greater exposure because when a website ranks in the top positions it gets more links
- Article Directories– By publishing your articles in article directories you could get a link (or 2) back to your website.
- Shared Content Directories– Websites like hub pages and info barrel allowed you to publish content and in return, you could add a couple of links pointing to your websites.
- Link exchange schemes– Instead of trying to publish content you could get in touch with other webmasters and exchange links. In other words, I could link your website from mine and you could do the same.
link building is most popular and effective off page SEO method. Basically by Building external links to your website so that you can bypass your competitors and rank higher.
- Blog Directories- something like justdial
- Forum Signatures-many peoples commenting on forums for the sole purpose of getting a link back their website.
- Comment link-the same concept forum signatures where we would comment other website and blogs.
On Page SEO
- Having optimized titles and descriptions
- Proper URL Structures
- User-friendly navigation (breadcrumbs, user sitemaps)
- Optimized internal link
- Image optimization (image size, proper names image, use of ALT tag)
- User-friendly 404 pages
- Fast loading pages
- Mobile Friendly pages
- Top quality fresh content (This is always the most important SEO factor!)
- External links (no broken links or links to ‘bad’ sites)
Two Types Of Search Engine Optimization: